Welcome to Mealsndrinks. Today we are going to prepare one of the best Seafood in Kerala. Nethili Fish Fry Recipe, “Nethili Fish Fry” also known as “Anchovy fry”. Nethili fish fry is served as a starter or as a side dish with rice. Nethili fish fry is enriched in calcium and protein.
Here we are going to prepare it by step-by-step procedure with pictures that will help you to mark each point while preparing it at home. We will cook it in South Indian style “The Kerala style”.
What is Nethili Fish? Where it is found?
Nethili fish is found in the Indo-Pacific Ocean in the depth of 20-50m water. This type of Fish is found in large groups, they swim in groups.
ALSO cHECK cHETTINAD MUTTON CURRY RECIPE
In Sri Lanka it is practiced by marinating it with turmeric then dipped in batter of flour and rolled out in bread crumbs and deep fried and served hot.
How to make Nethili Fry Recipe in home
The Nethili Fish fry recipe is easy to make and simple too. First of all we wash and drain the water. then marinate it it with turmeric and ginger garlic paste.
The mixture of rice flour and corn flour coats the fish that result in crispy and crunchy. You can adjust the spice level by adding black pepper and red chili as per your taste. The amount of salt, oil and other ingredients varies as per your taste ad spice level. For step by step procedure with pictures please follow the instructions given in the Recipe card.
Special Ingredients in Nethili Fish Fry
- Rice Flour
- Corn Flour
- Black Pepper
- Ginger garlic paste
- Lemon Juice
Step by Step Nethili Fish Fry Recipe
- Clean and wash the Nethili fish and drain the water.
- Grind all the ingredients. Marinate it with turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, black pepper, lemon juice and red chili. keep aside for 15 mins.
- Dip it in Batter of rice and corn.
- Heat oil in pan, deep fry it until golden color comes out.
- Garnish it with Onion rings and serve hot.
Below I’m Providing you Nehili Fish Fry RecipePrint
Fish is one of the most loved dish in India, Fish dishes can be consumed as a appetizer and as a side dish. Today we are going to prepare one of the famous Kerala and Tamil Nadu special dish Nethili Fish Fry. It is enrich in high nutrition like Calcium and protein.
- 500gm Nethili Fish / Anchovy Fish / Kozhuva Fish
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- Oil to deep fry
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 8 shallots (onion)
- 4 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- ¼ tbsp Pepper powder
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- Water as per requirement
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
1) Clean and wash the fish well. Drain the water and keep aside.
2) Add all the marinated ingredients that is mentioned above into the mixer. Make a smooth and fine paste.
3) Mix the smooth paste with the fish and add some fresh curry leaves and coconut oil. Now leave it for 15 minutes.
4) Now mix rice and corn flour to the fish.
5) Heat oil in a pan.
6) Deep fry the fish part wise. Deep fry the fish until the golden color comes out.
7) Turn the fame off. and keep aside the fried fish.
8) Serve it in side plate, Garnish it with onion rings.
9) Serve hot.
- Category: Fish
- Method: Deep Frying
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 140gm
- Calories: 210
- Sodium: 150mg
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 18g
Keywords: Nethili Fish, Nethili Fish Fry, Netholi Fish, Netholi Fish Fry, Anchovy Fry, Nethili Fish Fry Recipe
Don’t forget to make this South Indian Nethili Fish Fry Recipe at your home, Share the recipe with your family, friends, relationships and your neighbours too. If your make the recipe at your, then must share the pictures with us on our social handels. Comment down your review for us upon this recipe.
SUBSCRIBE MEALSNDRINKS FOR TASTY RECIPES LIKE THIS !!
You may connect with us on Social Media Platforms