Kadaknath Chicken is also known as Kali Masi in the Jhabua district of Madhya Pradesh. It is one and only one Black chicken breed in India. Kadaknath chicken has 3 color varieties jet black, golden, and penciled.
This kadaknath chicken is mainly used by the tribal (Adivasi) people as this chicken breed have delicious taste, flavor and can be used for medicinal purpose as well.
What is Black meat chicken?
There are mainly 3 types of breeds in all across the world
- Kadaknath chicken – Madhya Pradesh, India
- Ayyam Cemani – Indonesia
- Silkie – China
About Kadaknath Chicken
Kadaknath chicken is a protein-rich breed. It is known for its color and taste, which is in-rich in high iron content and has low cholesterol. The eggs of this chicken are black in color and the flesh of this chicken is black too. It is clinically tested that this unique breed has ample of benefits in comparison to white chicken breeds. The eggs of this chicken can be used in the treatment of headaches, asthma, faintness, nephritis, and so on. Read More about kadaknath at Wikipedia.
Nutritive Value of Kadaknath Chicken
|S. No||Properties||Other Breeds of chicken||Kadaknath Chicken|
It is also rich in Vitamins V1, V2, V6, V12, C, E, nicotinic, phosphorus acids, and calcium. It consists of 18 amino acids that fulfill our human body requirements.
Medicinal Properties of Kadaknath Chicken
Kadaknath chicken is mainly used in homeopathy and for headaches. The tribal peoples use to treat chronic diseases. This Indian breed can be used to treat abnormal menstruation, habitual abortion, faintness, asthma, and many more. The pigment which makes kadaknath chicken black is melanin that acts as a viagra which increases the flow of blood to the heart in our body.
Kadaknath Chicken Recipe
Kadaknath chicken is prized for its high iron and protein content and low fat, kadaknath has been reared and consumed by the tribals of Madhya Pradesh for centuries. In recent years, India has gotten wind of this native species and is now demanding more and more of it. In fact, it’s the only Chicken (bird) to have a GI tag (geographical indication just like balamastic vinegar or parmesan cheese in Italy) in India.
Unfortunately, due to t its low-fat content, there is a tendency for the meat to be dry and tough when we don’t follow some standard cooking techniques.Print
Kadaknath Chicken is a very famous dish that is known for its taste and nutritive quality. The black color made this chicken different from others as per the deposition of a pigment named “Melanin”.It is also known as “Kali Masi”. Mainly found in Jhabua district of Madhya Pradesh.
- 1 kg Kadaknath Chicken
- 4 pieces Onion
- 1 piece Ginger
- 15–20 pods of Garlic
- ½ turmeric powder
- 3–4 Cardamom
- 2 large cardamom
- 1 Caran flower
- 1 large Cinnamon
- 1 piece Nutmeg(Jaiphal)
- 2 petals of Mace(Javitri)
- 3–4 Bay leaf
- 5gm Poppy seeds (khas-khas)
- 10gm Coriander
- 5gm Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 2 tbsp Red chili powder
- 3 tbsp Salt
- 250ml Oil
- 100gm Green Corriander leaves
- 1 Big Tomato
- Wash and Rinse the chicken and place it in a bowl.
- Place a pan into the flame, add oil to it.
- Add all Garam masala (cardamom, large cardamom, Caran flower, cinnamon, jaiphal, javitri, bay leaf, khas-khas, coriander, and cumin seeds) into the pan. And make a paste of it.
- Take a pan pour oil and add onion, garlic, ginger, and khas-khas to it. When it turns golden brown turn off the flame. Grind it in the mixer and make the fine paste.
- Place a Stainless pot on the flame, add oil, and bay leaf.after that add the paste of onion, garlic, ginger, and khas-khas.
- When it is partially cooked add the paste of Garam masala into the pot. Cook it for 10 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder in it, and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato and salt as per test in it. Cook it in low flame for 10 minutes.
- Use a spatula to avoid sticking in the pot.
- After that add kadaknath chicken into the pot and pour water as per requirements. Cook it for 20-25 minutes.
- Turn off the flame. place it in a platter. Garnish it with green coriander leaves, red chilie, and onion.
- Serve hot.
- Category: Chicken & Beef
- Cuisine: South Indian
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 400
- Sodium: 1850gmg
- Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Protein: 43g
- Cholesterol: 218.12
Keywords: Kadaknath Chicken, Kadaknath Chicken Recipe, Non-Veg, Kadaknath Murgh, Kali Masi
Here I Created my Recipe. Comment me below how is it? Make your own recipe and send a nice picture of it in the comment section below
STAY TUNED!! MANY MORE TO COME
Are you hungry for more dishes like Kadaknath Chicken?
SUBSCRIBE MEALSNDRINKS FOR TASTY RECIPES LIKE THIS !!
You may connect with us on Social Media Platform
Never miss a recipe!!
If you cook this dish, Don’t forget to share your Photo with us.
Get more recipes related to Kadaknath Chicken – Click Here