Doughnuts (also knows as Donuts) are confectionary/bakery product generally has a ring-shaped, or oval and many others shape is available in confectionary shops. This delicious dish is from New York, United States of America. Doughnuts are also known as “olykoeks” (Fried cakes).
History of Doughnut
Petter G. Rose a food author believes that Dutch invented this delicious food.
The invention of the hole in doughnut or donuts was attributed to a dutch sailor Hasson Gregory from Rockport, who generally stuck the fried balls on the handle of the ship’s wheel. Captain Gregory loved this new way of doughnut.
National Doughnut Day is also known as National Donut Day, which is generally celebrated all over The USA (United State of America). It is celebrated on the 1st week of June every year. This Day is celebrated in honor of facilitating their members who provided doughnuts to soldiers during World War I.
Generally, it is prepared with refined flour dough, that is later fermented and molded into a ring shape in which a big hole present in the center. After that, it is partially deep-fried until golden brown and further, it is glazed by chocolate truffle, sugar syrup, etc. Before serving it is garnished by Tutti-frutti, toasted pistachios, etc.
While Preparing Doughnuts Important points to keep in mind
- Make hole in doughnuts to allow equal cooking of doughnuts while frying it.
- Don’t add the yeast directly, mix it in water then gently pour it in the dough.
- Cover the dough with wet cloth to keep the dough moist.
- Knock back the dough and cover it with wet cloth and leave it for 30 minutes for proofing.
I am here with a new recipe for you “Homemade Doughnuts recipe” that will tempt you. For making a perfect yeast doughnut follow the steps. It is made up with flour, yeast, milk, sugar, after that doughnuts are fried and cooled and polished with sogar, chocolates and so on.
- 300gm Refined flour (Maida)
- 200ml Milk
- 100gm sugar
- ½ tbsp Yeast
- 1 tbsp Salt
- A pinch of Baking powder
- ½ cup of Water
- 1 whole Egg
- Oil to grease and deep fry
- 1 cup Powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence (optional)
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Thin slices of pistachios for garnishing
1) In a bowl, we will put refined flour (maida), yeast, salt, sugar, and butter.
2) Knead it to make a smooth dough. Sprinkle water to keep it moist.
3) Cover it with a wet cloth and left it in the room temperature for activating yeast and proofing for 1 hour.
4) Knockback the dough and punch gently until it becomes fluffy.
5) Cut the dough in equal pieces and roll it in an oval shape.
6) Roll it slightly thick in a tortilla press then cut around with the help of a doughnut cutter.
7) Leave it for 45 minutes, Then place the doughnuts in the frying pan.
8) Deep fry it in medium hot oil until the color changes to a golden brown. Keep aside, and let them cool.
9) Dip the doughnuts into the chocolate truffle.
10) Garnish it with pistachios thin slices and Sugar crystals.
- Category: Bakery
- Method: Moderate cooking
- Cuisine: International
- Serving Size: 100gm
- Calories: 452
- Sugar: 27g
- Sodium: 326mg
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 51g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Protein: 4.9
- Cholesterol: 19mg
Keywords: doughnuts, chocolate doughnuts, donuts, doughnuts recipe, donuts recipe
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is Doughnut?
Doughnuts (also knows as Donuts) are confectionary/bakery product generally has a ring-shaped, or oval and many others shape is available in confectionary shops.
How does Doughnut Prepared?
Doughnut is prepared with refined flour dough, that is later fermented and molded into a ring shape in which a big hole present in the center.
When do we Celebrate Nation Doughnut Day?
National Doughnut Day is generally celebrated all over The USA (United State of America). It is celebrated on the 1st week of June every year.
Here is How I made this Eye-Appealing dish- Chocolate Doughnuts. Hope you loved the dish. Comment below how it is.
Share your reviews on this recipe. Also, post your picture of your “Chocolate Doughnuts” and let us know your experience with Chocolate Doughnuts Recipe in the comment section below.
STAY TUNED !!! MANY MORE TO COME !!!
Are you interested in more recipes and want to explore new dishes? Join Our Mealsndrinks family to get the notification of new dishes directly to your inbox.
You may connect with us on Social Media Platforms
Get More Recipe Related to Chocolate Doughnuts – Deserts
Never miss a recipe on Mealsndrinks.com!!
If you prepare this dish then Don’t forget to share your Photo in comment box.
#doughnuts #doughnuts🍩 #donuts #donut #donut🍩 #cake #bakery #nationaldoughnutday #nationaldoughnutweek #nationaldoughnutday🍩 #refinedflourfree #yummy #delicious #tastyrecipes #bakerylove #cheflife #chefs #deepfry #frydoughnuts #confectionary #confectionaryartist #confectionarycreations #chocolate #choc