Do you want to make Lucknowi Galouti Kebab at home? Try our Galouti kebab Recipe. The Galouti Kebab has a different taste. You can’t compare it to any other dishes and kebab. It is traditionally prepared along with the minced meat, green papaya, and roasted ingredients and spices.
- 500 mg minced lamb/goat meat (mutton keema)
- 4 tbsp green papaya paste
- 2 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- 1 tbsp black pepper powder
- 10 green cardamoms
- 2 black cardamoms
- 8 cloves
- 1 tbsp fresh cream
- 4 tbsp roasted gram flour or chana dal pissa hua
- 2 green chilli
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 cup fried onions
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- 1 cinnamon
- 1 tbsp khas-khas or poppy seeds
- ¼ nutmeg or jaiphal
- 2 star anise or chakra phul
- 1 mace or javitri
- 1 tbsp fresh cream
- 4 drops of kewra water
- ghee and oil as required
- salt to taste
1) Take a bowl to add minced meat and green papaya paste along with salt. Marinate it for 30 minutes.[gallery ids="679,680"]
2) Dry Powder- Grind all the spices like cardamom, mace (javitri), cloves, anise, nutmeg (jaiphal), green cardamom, and pepper fine and smooth powder.
3) Smooth Paste- Grind fried onion, black pepper powder, red chilli, ginger-garlic paste, green coriander leaves, and green chilies to smooth paste.
4) Pour kewra water, fresh cream, and raw egg in it and blend again.
5) Take the marinated meat, add gram flour, and add both dry and paste spices. Knead it well.
6) Marinate the mixture for the whole night. This will result in absorbing the flavors and aroma of the mutton.
7) Place a skillet/pan on the flame.
8) Now grease your hand with oil to avoid sticking now you have to make an oval like the shape of minced meat.
9) Shape the marinated meat into small patties or tikka like structure.
10) Heat oil or ghee in a non-stick pan, Shallow fry the patties for 10 minutes by twisting the patties to another side to allow cooking from both sides.
11) Serve hot along with onion rings, lemon wages, and green chutney. You may eat with Paratha as well.
The Quality of Mutton should be fresh and healthy. Mostly prefer the shoulder part of the lamb/goat.
Measuring cup used- 1 cup – 250ml , 1tbsp – 5 ml
- Category: Mutton
- Method: Sallow Frying
- Cuisine: Awadhi Cuisine
- Serving Size: 100 gm
- Calories: 153
- Sodium: 681 g
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Protein: 13 g
- Cholesterol: 49 g
Keywords: Galouti Kebab,Galouti, Kebab, Galouti Kebab Recipe, Lucknowi Galouti Kebab