Galouti Kebab is one of the famous appetizers which is originated from North India. This Galouti Kebab is a mixture of lamb meat or mutton and papaya, which helps in tenderizing the meat that is further mixed with Indian spices to form delicious Galouti Kebab. The accomplishment of this dish Paratha, onion rings, and green chutney.
Galouti Kebab generally means that “melts in the mouth quickly.” This is one of the mouth-watering dishes from Awadhi Cuisine. While preparing the Galouti kabab, the meat is grilled by skewers or pan-fried. In this Galouti Kebab Recipe, we are going to pan-fry the minced meat.
History of Galouti Kebab
Galouti Kebab is a Royal dish from Awadhi Cuisine of Lucknow, North India, which was generally served to the Nawabs. This dish came into existence as the Old Nawab Wajid Ali Shah, who hasn’t have teeth. This Galouti Kebab is preferred by him that satisfies him as he was a meat lover. Galouti Kebab has a mild texture that quickly melts in the mouth and bursts its flavor with juiciness and smoky flavor.
Generally, It is said that the kebabs are cooked with a mixture of 100 Indian spices. What are your views? Galouti Kebab is prepared by the marinated meat minced into tiny pieces with green papaya (Unripe papaya) and further mixed with assorted spices.
Galouti Kebab Spices
The Galouti Kebab Recipe consists of assorted Indian spices like cardamom, mace (javitri), cloves, anise, nutmeg (jaiphal), green cardamom, pepper, red chili powder, garlic, ginger, and many more.
The spices as mentioned above (masala) is roasted and grinded in powder form. This will adds an exotic flavor to the dish. After that, you gave add some caramelized onion, ginger garlic paste, kewda water, Roasted Gram flour (Chana dal), and coriander leaves.
How to make Galouti Kebab in the home?
To Prepare Galouti Kebab, I will provide you step by step Galouti Kebab Recipe below in the recipe card. Marinate the meat. Add all the ingredients and mix it with the minced Chicken and marinate it twice. Shape it in the desired shape like patties or tikka and shallow fry it. Serve Galouti Kebab with green chutney, onion wedges, and pickles.
While preparing this dish, your surroundings will fill with pleasant and mouth-watering aromas of spices. If you want to taste real Galouti Kebab, try our Lucknowi Galouti Kebab Recipe.
Try this Galouti Kebab with our Galouti Kebab Recipe, and Then you May try our more Delicious Recipes:-
Related Recipe:- Chicken Seekh kabab
Do you want to make Lucknowi Galouti Kebab at home? Try our Galouti kebab Recipe. The Galouti Kebab has a different taste. You can’t compare it to any other dishes and kebab. It is traditionally prepared along with the minced meat, green papaya, and roasted ingredients and spices.
- 500 mg minced lamb/goat meat (mutton keema)
- 4 tbsp green papaya paste
- 2 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- 1 tbsp black pepper powder
- 10 green cardamoms
- 2 black cardamoms
- 8 cloves
- 1 tbsp fresh cream
- 4 tbsp roasted gram flour or chana dal pissa hua
- 2 green chilli
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 cup fried onions
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- 1 cinnamon
- 1 tbsp khas-khas or poppy seeds
- ¼ nutmeg or jaiphal
- 2 star anise or chakra phul
- 1 mace or javitri
- 1 tbsp fresh cream
- 4 drops of kewra water
- ghee and oil as required
- salt to taste
1) Take a bowl to add minced meat and green papaya paste along with salt. Marinate it for 30 minutes.
2) Dry Powder- Grind all the spices like cardamom, mace (javitri), cloves, anise, nutmeg (jaiphal), green cardamom, and pepper fine and smooth powder.
3) Smooth Paste- Grind fried onion, black pepper powder, red chilli, ginger-garlic paste, green coriander leaves, and green chilies to smooth paste.
4) Pour kewra water, fresh cream, and raw egg in it and blend again.
5) Take the marinated meat, add gram flour, and add both dry and paste spices. Knead it well.
6) Marinate the mixture for the whole night. This will result in absorbing the flavors and aroma of the mutton.
7) Place a skillet/pan on the flame.
8) Now grease your hand with oil to avoid sticking now you have to make an oval like the shape of minced meat.
9) Shape the marinated meat into small patties or tikka like structure.
10) Heat oil or ghee in a non-stick pan, Shallow fry the patties for 10 minutes by twisting the patties to another side to allow cooking from both sides.
11) Serve hot along with onion rings, lemon wages, and green chutney. You may eat with Paratha as well.
The Quality of Mutton should be fresh and healthy. Mostly prefer the shoulder part of the lamb/goat.
Measuring cup used- 1 cup – 250ml , 1tbsp – 5 ml
- Category: Mutton
- Method: Sallow Frying
- Cuisine: Awadhi Cuisine
- Serving Size: 100 gm
- Calories: 153
- Sodium: 681 g
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Protein: 13 g
- Cholesterol: 49 g
Keywords: Galouti Kebab,Galouti, Kebab, Galouti Kebab Recipe, Lucknowi Galouti Kebab
Serve this Delicious Dish to your Family, kids, friends, VIP Guests. Feel Free to Share your Recipe of Lucknowi Gaouti Kebab in our Social Media Handles. Don’t Forget to Mention #mealsndrink to get feature in our Instagram Story. Subscribe us for more recipes like this.
SUBSCRIBE MEALSNDRINKS FOR TASTY RECIPES LIKE THIS !!
You may connect with us on Social Media Platform
Never miss a recipe Here!!
Have a new recipe ideas to share with us?? Let us know in our social handles!!
HAPPY COOKING !!