Learn how to make Desiccated Coconut at the home. Desiccated Coconut Recipe is easy and frequently used while preparing cakes, cookies, sweets, and puddings.
- 1 Fresh Coconut
- Sliced Coconut
1) Break the coconut and remove the outer shell of a coconut.
2) Cut into small pieces.
3) Remove the brown dark skin from the whiter part of coconut with the help of a grater or scrapper.
4) Blend it in the mixer to grind it to a fine texture.
5) Heat a pan, Add the blended coconut and roast it on low flame.
6) Roast it until the moisture left. It will take time up-to 15 minutes. Avoid browning the coconut.
7) Turn the flame off. And keep aside.
8) Store it in an airtight container at room temperature.
You can roast the coconut powder in oven also, Keep the temperature low.
Use scrape or grater to remove the brown part from the white coconut.
- Category: Quick Recipe
- Method: Blending and sauteing
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 100g
- Calories: 684
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 14mg
- Fat: 67g
- Saturated Fat: 64g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 14g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: Coconut, Coconut Recipe, Desiccated Coconut Recipe, Coconut Powder