Welcome to Mealsndrinks. Today I am going to share How to Make a Desiccated Coconut in the home. Desiccated Coconut recipe is practiced in all homes. Coconut powder is generally used in desserts and south Indian dishes as well.
Learn how to make Desiccated Coconut at home with step by step pictures. It is easily available in the market but to avoid adulteration in the Desiccated coconut we strongly prefer our self-made Desiccated Coconut which healthy, wealthy, and wise.
What is Desiccated Coconut?
A desiccated Coconut is generally a dry form of coconut which is generally further grated in a mixer and saute to remove the moisture. Generally used in the bakery and confectionery industry. It is prepared by removing the outer shell of coconut further grated and dried. The appearance of Desiccated Coconut is like Snow white which is enriched in nutty flavor and mild sweetness.
Uses of Desiccated Coconut
Desiccated coconut is generally used in bakeries, confectioneries, and in south Indian dishes. Some are listed below-
- Toppings of Cake
- Baking of biscuits
- Used in cookies
- Used as a fillers
- Used in making sweets
- Used in South Indian dishes
- Chettinad Uppu Curry
- Kori Sukka
- Chocolate Coconut Cake
- Vegetable Kalvan
Kerala is the largest producer of Coconut in India
Coconut plays a vital role in the economy of India. Kerala is the largest producer of coconut in India. According to the report published by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the US, India is the world’s largest producer of coconut in the world.
How to Make Desiccated Coconut Recipe at Home
Desiccated Coconut is easy to make. Just follow step by step procedure with pictures.
- Cut it into pieces.
- Remove the outer dark skin from coconut and blend it in the mixer.
- Heat a pan add the grated coconut powder and cook it for 10-15 minutes on low flame.
- Roast it until the moisture is gone without browning, turn the flame off.
- Store it in an airtight container.
Learn how to make Desiccated Coconut at the home. Desiccated Coconut Recipe is easy and frequently used while preparing cakes, cookies, sweets, and puddings.
- 1 Fresh Coconut
- Sliced Coconut
1) Break the coconut and remove the outer shell of a coconut.
2) Cut into small pieces.
3) Remove the brown dark skin from the whiter part of coconut with the help of a grater or scrapper.
4) Blend it in the mixer to grind it to a fine texture.
5) Heat a pan, Add the blended coconut and roast it on low flame.
6) Roast it until the moisture left. It will take time up-to 15 minutes. Avoid browning the coconut.
7) Turn the flame off. And keep aside.
8) Store it in an airtight container at room temperature.
You can roast the coconut powder in oven also, Keep the temperature low.
Use scrape or grater to remove the brown part from the white coconut.
- Category: Quick Recipe
- Method: Blending and sauteing
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 100g
- Calories: 684
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 14mg
- Fat: 67g
- Saturated Fat: 64g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 14g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: Coconut, Coconut Recipe, Desiccated Coconut Recipe, Coconut Powder
So, This is for today guys, The recipe makes your day, Don’t forget to share Desiccated Coconut Recipe with your friends, Families, Relatives, and neighbor. Make sure to share the recipe pictures with us on our social handles. If you love this Easy Desiccated Coconut Recipe, then please let us know in the comment section below.