Chicken Sukka is one of the famous dishes from South India Maharashtra India. Mangalorean Chicken Sukka is being prepared by Special ingredients like Coconut powder and curry leaves that make itself a Top-rated dish.
To make Chicken Sukka masala paste:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion finely sliced
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut powder
To make Chicken Sukka:
- 500 gms chicken cleaned and washed well with lemon juice
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- ¼ tbsp Turmeric powder
- ¼ tbsp pepper powder
- 4–5 curry leaves
- 1 onion finely chopped
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- ½ tbsp ginger garlic paste
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- ¼ tsp pepper powder/kali mirch powder
- 2 green chillies slit vertically and chopped
- ¼ tsp roasted coriander powder/dhaniya powder
- ¼ tsp jeera powder/roasted cumin seeds powder
1) For making Chicken Sukka masala add grated coconut powder and roast it in a pan until color changes to light brown. Remove it and place it on a plate.
2) Place a pan/skillet on the flame, Add 1 tbsp oil and roast the sliced, chopped onions for a while.
3) Add the above Roasted onion and grated coconut in a blender and grind it by adding some water.
4) Make a smooth fine paste and keep aside in a plate.
5) Place a Wok on flame, add 3 tbsp oil.
6) Add chopped onions and chopped tomatoes and cook it for 5 minutes
7) Now add green chilies, coriander powder, jeera powder, garam masala, ginger garlic paste, red chili, curry leaves, and salt as per taste. Cook it until the aroma of the tomato faded.
8) add turmeric powder and pepper powder to it and stir it for 5 minutes.
9) add chicken pieces and cook them by string it well.
10) Cook the chicken until the flesh of the chicken starts separating from the bones.
11) Switch off the flame and garnish it with green chopped Coriander leaves
- Cook all the ingredients in Low Flame
- Make this recipe with ghee for traditional authentic taste.
- Category: Non-Veg
- Cuisine: Mangalorean
- Serving Size: 1 Cup
- Calories: 317
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 521mg
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 27g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
Keywords: Kori Sukka, Mangalorean Sukka, Chicken, Chicken Sukka, South Indian, Sukka