Welcome to Mealsndrinks. Kori Ajadina, Kori Sukka or Mangalorean Chicken Sukka is one of the famous Non-Vegetarian dishes from South India. This Dish came from the region of Mangalore and Udupi native region. It can be prepared with two versions of dry chicken Konkani dish and semi gravy Kori Sukka which is generally prepared using fresh flesh of the chicken, Indian masala, and coconut powder.
Mangalorean Dish, the unique ingredients that make it different from other dishes, are coconut, curry leaves, ginger, garlic, and chilies. The fragrance of mild spice, the sweetness of coconut, the tanginess of ginger and garlic, aromatic flavor of roasted spices make the Chicken Sukka / Kori Sukka delicious.
What makes the Chicken Sukka or Kori Sukka Special?
The grated coconut completes the Dish and makes it unique from other dishes. Basically, in South-Indian Cuisine or Maharashtrian Cuisine, the Ingredients like coconut, Curry Leaves, and Mustard seeds are frequently used while preparing the Dish.
South Indian Cuisine generally influences Mangalorean Cuisine. They Mostly use its ingredients like Coconut, Mangalorean Curry, Ginger, Garlic, and Curry leaves. Mangalorean fish curry is very popular in Tulunadu (Tulu). In Tulunadu, the specialty dishes like Neer Dosa, Chicken Sukka, Kori Rotti, and Chicken Ghee Roast. Udupi Cuisine is also a popular dish in South Asia, very similar to Mangalorean Cuisine.
Mangalorean Chicken Sukka Garnishes and Accompaniments.
Mangalorean Chicken Sukka or Kori Sukka is served along with the garnishes of Curry Leaves. You can serve Chicken Sukka with Neer Dosa, Paratha, Rice, and Kori Roti.
South Indian – kadaknath chicken recipe
Chicken Sukka is one of the famous dishes from South India Maharashtra India. Mangalorean Chicken Sukka is being prepared by Special ingredients like Coconut powder and curry leaves that make itself a Top-rated dish.
To make Chicken Sukka masala paste:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion finely sliced
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut powder
To make Chicken Sukka:
- 500 gms chicken cleaned and washed well with lemon juice
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- ¼ tbsp Turmeric powder
- ¼ tbsp pepper powder
- 4–5 curry leaves
- 1 onion finely chopped
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- ½ tbsp ginger garlic paste
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- ¼ tsp pepper powder/kali mirch powder
- 2 green chillies slit vertically and chopped
- ¼ tsp roasted coriander powder/dhaniya powder
- ¼ tsp jeera powder/roasted cumin seeds powder
1) For making Chicken Sukka masala add grated coconut powder and roast it in a pan until color changes to light brown. Remove it and place it on a plate.
2) Place a pan/skillet on the flame, Add 1 tbsp oil and roast the sliced, chopped onions for a while.
3) Add the above Roasted onion and grated coconut in a blender and grind it by adding some water.
4) Make a smooth fine paste and keep aside in a plate.
5) Place a Wok on flame, add 3 tbsp oil.
6) Add chopped onions and chopped tomatoes and cook it for 5 minutes
7) Now add green chilies, coriander powder, jeera powder, garam masala, ginger garlic paste, red chili, curry leaves, and salt as per taste. Cook it until the aroma of the tomato faded.
8) add turmeric powder and pepper powder to it and stir it for 5 minutes.
9) add chicken pieces and cook them by string it well.
10) Cook the chicken until the flesh of the chicken starts separating from the bones.
11) Switch off the flame and garnish it with green chopped Coriander leaves
- Cook all the ingredients in Low Flame
- Make this recipe with ghee for traditional authentic taste.
- Category: Non-Veg
- Cuisine: Mangalorean
- Serving Size: 1 Cup
- Calories: 317
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 521mg
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 27g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
Keywords: Kori Sukka, Mangalorean Sukka, Chicken, Chicken Sukka, South Indian, Sukka
Here how I made Chicken Sukka at my home
Serve this Delicious Hot Chicken Sukka Dish to your Family, kids, friends, VIP Guests, and with you neighbours. Feel Free to Share your Recipe of Chicken Sukka Recipe in our Social Media Handles. Pin Chicken Sukka Recipe on Pinterest.
SUBSCRIBE MEALSNDRINKS FOR TASTY RECIPES LIKE THIS !!
You may connect with us on Social Media Platforms
Never miss a recipe Here!!
Have a new recipe ideas to share with us?? Let us know in our social handles!!
HAPPY COOKING !!