Welcome to Mealsndrinks. Today I am going to share Bun Maska Recipe. How to make Bun Maska at home. Bun Maska is a very popular dish in South East Asia. It’s Irani’s Cafe, Mumbai who sold the Buns for the first time… Irani’s Cafe is a chain restaurant that is all over India as well as in Karachi, Pakistan also. Irani’s Cafe is established in the 20th Century.
Bun Maska is famous Tea time snacks which is loved by thousands of peoples. It is also known as Maska Pav. People like to have Bun Maska with Strong Tea.
In this Corona Virus Pandemic, All the schools, colleges, Trains, Flights, and the offices get stopped. In this current Scenario, Staying at home is boredom. So, I find my way started cooking and baking. Bun Maska is one of the sweet and simple dishes that is easily prepared and the ingredients are easily available in nearby shops.
About Ban Maska
Ban Maska is generally influenced by Vada Pav that was invented in Central Mumbai. Ban maska is generally practiced in Irani’s Cafe. The ideal bread for maska should be spongy and soft in texture with butter and creamy layer.
The creamy texture with butter fills your mouth with sweetness, a sip of strong team will melt the bread with that hot tea. The deadly combination of Ban maska and tea is honeydew.
According to me for preparing the best Bun Maska we have to choose milk bread which is prepared by adding milk, not water. The Milk bread adds up the sweet texture as well as soft and spongy texture to the bread.
Also read:- Asia’s Famous soya chili recipe
Special Ingredients used in Bun Maska Recipe
- Milk Bread
- Tutti Fru
- Tutti Frutti
How to make Bun Maska Recipe at home – Step by Step
- Add warm water, yeast, and sugar to the mixing bowl. Mix it until it starts foaming. Leave it for 10 minutes.
- In another mixing bowl, add all-purpose flour, salt, and milk powder. Mix it wisely and keep aside.
- Now mix both mixing bowls and knead dough.
- Add dry ingredients, butter and knead it twice till it becomes soft.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and keep it aside for fermentation.
- With a Palate knife, cut the dough into 8 small equal portions.
- Now take one portion in hand, now mold it into a pav shape. The outer part will be soft and smooth and the inner, the bottom part will be rough. Mold all the 8 doughs in this shape. Cover all the molded shapes and left it for 20-30 minutes.
- Before baking grease the baking try with oil and all-purpose flour.
- Brush the milk on the outer side of the pav. Bake it at 175° Celsius or 350° Fahrenheit for 20-30 minutes.
How to Serve Ban Maska Recipe
When Pav is out of the oven, brush it with butter which helps in shining golden color. Make a slice between the pav, Make a loaf. Cover it with cream and serve it with hot tea.Print
Bun Maska with tea is a deadly combination. It comes to know from the Irani’s cafe, Mumbai. Bun Maska consists of butter and layered cream within it. It can be served along with tea in the evening and breakfast snack time.
- 1 Cup warm water
- ½ Cup tutti Frutti
- 1 tbsp Yeast
- ½ Cup milk Cup milk
- 5 Cup all purpose flour
- ¼ Cup sugar
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 3 tbsp salt butter
- Milk for brushing
1. Add warm water, yeast, and sugar in mixing bowl. Mix it until it starts foaming. Leave it for 10 minutes.
2. In another mixing bowl, add all-purpose flour, salt, and milk powder. Mix it wisely and keep aside.
3. Now mix both mixing bowls and knead dough.
4. Add Dry ingredients, butter and knead it twice till it becomes soft.
5. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and keep it aside for fermentation.
6. With a Palate knife, cut the dough into 3 small equal portions.
7. Now take one portion in hand, now mold it into a pav shape. The outer part will be soft and smooth and the inner, the bottom part will be rough. Mold all the 8 dough in this shape. Cover all the molded shapes and left it for 20-30 minutes.
8. Before baking grease the baking tray with oil and all-purpose flour.
9. Brush the milk on the outer side of the pav. Bake it at 175° Celsius or 350° Fahrenheit for 20-30 minutes.
Use Soft Bread for this recipe.
Milk bread should be the best selection for this recipe.
Use Soft butter which should melt in room temperature.
The Fillings i.e Cream should be chilled.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 1 Bun
- Calories: 120
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
Keywords: Bun Maska, Bun Maska Recipe, Pav, Pav Maska, Pav Maska Recipe, Quick Recipe,
So, This Bun Maska Recipe is for today guys, I hope you liked it,. Not forget to share your opinion with us in the comment section below. If you made this yummy Bun Maska Recipe at your home then don’t forget to share with us, we will feature it on our social handles.